Thursday, May 14, 2009

Niger Delta Bound & A Profile in the Kolkata Mirror

I am about to leave for the Niger Delta for a month long trip to shoot a documentary. This will be my first full doc! Given all the video I've shot over the past 8 years, this will still present a new and exciting challenge. I'll also be revisiting a place and project that has become central to so much of the advocacy and teaching work I've been involved in.

I was recently in Kolkata, India to teach a workshop and had the pleasure of meeting a young and very bright Indian photographer, Chhandak Pradhan. He works for the Kolkata Mirror and did a couple of stories about photojournalism and my work. Please find the links below. It's wonderful to see this kind of interest in photojournalism sprouting in other parts of the world.

Interview with Ed Kashi

Story on Photojournalism

No comments: